Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pukie paid a visit.

Well, today was not my best day, but it was a good day. Going to post what the wod was later, but right now I'll talk about the experience. After being out with the flu for 10 days, I was surprised with how hard it was to breath. I still have some congestion in my chest, and crossfit proved that pretty quick. I went through the first round ok, the TGU's were my bottleneck. I spent a LOT of time working on those, everything else was ok. I had to break up the KB swings of 72 lbs. Jerry was telling me how it was just 15 reps, but I just couldn't get enough air, and it really threw me off. After going through the first round, all of my heavy breathing brouhgt out the congestion in my lungs. All that phlem moved out of my lungs and into my esophogus. When that happned, my stomach got a little confused, resulting in me puking in the bathroom for a while.

After I got that out of my system, I tried my second round. Did the burpees ok, and then I did one wallball. After that wall ball, I had to go puke a little more. I ended up only doing two sets, and I made the second set only 9 reps.

Jerry commented on how this exercise "cleared out the cobwebs," and I think that was a pretty good description. Afterwards I definitely felt like my lungs had been cleared out of some lingering congestion.

No comments: