Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hang clean, pull ups, and running

Today was an interesting day, went heavy and really didn't pay attention to the clock.

15 Hang cleans
15 Pull-ups
1000m run
12 Hang cleans
12 Pull-ups
1000m run
9 Hang cleans
9 Pull-ups

Today we had to go from the ground to the clean, no modding. Jerry used me as an example, I think he knows I secretly enjoy being the demo person :) I went heavy, going with 135. I really focused on using my hips, and I think that really helped.

Jerry also gave us the option of trying pull-ups where we have to touch our chest to the bar. I have invented my own kip. It felt natural, but it also felt like there was a lot of movement, and I have no idea how it works, but it really launched me into the bar. I should also note that pull-ups are sooooo much easier when you don't have torn up hands. Check out the pull ups, I'm near the very end, let me know what you think:



The run was ok, I'm trying the pose method, and I feel like I have a long way to go. All in all my time was like 31:58.

No comments: