Monday, October 6, 2008

Ladders revisited

Well, we did this workout almost three months ago to the day. Last week I mentioned to Jerry how the jump squats made my legs sore "almost as much as those ladders we did". Perhaps I put that thought in Jerry's head. If I did, I apologize to everyone ;)

Ladders work by doing one rep the first minute, two the second, and so on. The exception is the jump squat, that starts with five reps, then six on the second, etc.
Here's the Wod and my score:

Ladder pull ups (11.5)
Ladder Jump squats with 35# (17)
Ladder bupees (10)
100 abmat situps (3:48)

three months ago my score was:

Ladder pull ups (7)
Ladder Jump squats with 25# (17)
Ladder bupees (8)
100 abmat situps (???)

I'm actually a little disappointed in my performance with the Jump squats, the 10# increase was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. I didn't think the pull ups showed much improvement, but when I figured out that last time I did 28 pull ups and this time I made 72, I was quite impressed. The burpees I just stopped at ten because I was spent.

...I'd also like to comment that today I tried out the new tape grip, and it worked great. I was also asked several times how to treat ripped calluses. I'm very glad I can help out other than reaching for the ab mats on the top shelf.

No comments: