Monday, October 27, 2008

This one was tough. Haven't done the front squat in a long while, it was good to get back to it. The Rx'd weight was 135, which I thought would be easy, but after the first 10 reps my back was just too wobbly, so after that I did 115#s.

The WOD:
Front Squat/ Burbees / Pull ups
10 - 12 - 15
9 - 11 - 14
8 - 10 - 13
7 - 9 - 12
6 - 8 - 11
5 - 7 - 10
4 - 6 - 9
3 - 5 - 8
2 - 4 - 7
1 - 3 - 6

I did it in 43:19 I think, not sure though. Around the 6th round Danny suggested to widen my stance, and those few inches made all the difference in the world. I was approaching the squat with the jumping stance used in all the lifts we've been working on. Turns out it's ok to move your feet out a little wider for squats. After that it was easy, I felt bad only doing 115# near the end, but I wasn't about to re-rack the weight. Burbees are still tough, when I was approaching the pull up bar I just felt really weak in the shoulders.

Feel like I'm starting to turn a corner, like my technique/strength are starting to get to the point where I can work on my strength endurance/conditioning. Of course, I feel like that's happening every other week, but I guess that's a good thing, right?

2 comments:

danny said...

appreciate you mentioning my coaching in your blog. great job on picking up my cues, you make it look textbook.

-danny

Adam said...

It would be outrageous of me not to mention how you've helped. For some reason I get your cues, and they've helped with my pull-ups, KB high pull, Snatches, overhead squats, cleans, and now my front squats.