Friday, October 24, 2008

Trying to push myself

Well, Today wasn't my best performance, not by far. Here's the WOD:
5 rounds for time:
400m run
15 hang cleans @ 75#
12 ring dips

I really tried to sprint the 400m, and I don't know how long it took, but Lindsey, and everyone else, was behind me. The hang cleans weren't at a tough weight, but I really wanted to get the form down. I'm having trouble with my speed strength, the violent pull that's needed wasn't there. I think I put the bar down once, I really wanted to just burn through everything. The ring dips were again tough. I was thinking of doing the express of nine, but I went through nine so quickly I decided to do the Rx'd 12. I think on round 3 and 4 I tied my pr of three (I think 3 is my pr).

So I think working on the technique of the hang clean and the 12 ring dips ate up time. I also just felt... tired. After really pushing myself that first round, that tank got empty quick. Again, I think my weakest point in crossfit is my strength endurance.

Thankfully, I didn't puke today, so it was definitely an improvement. I still have some congestion in my lungs, still have the occasional cough.

No comments: