Sunday, May 31, 2009

The crossfit difference

So I've been taking a picture of myself every Wednesday for a while now, so I thought I should post them online. I don't see much difference myself, but I can tell that the difference is over my entire body, and I know I'm getting stronger, and hopefully faster.
The one on the left was taken 2/11/09, the one on the right was taken 5/28/09. Again, I really can't see much of a difference in these pictures, but when I look in the mirror I can see a big difference. Also, people who I don't see very often, like my girlfriend or parents, always comment on how I'm more muscular/leaner. The nurses who administer my allergy injections keep telling me to relax my arm. When I tell them I am relaxing, they say that it's difficult because they have to inject into fatty tissue, and it's getting harder for them to find any fat in my arm :)

I think one thing is I'm getting a better understanding of what my body type is. I used to think I was more of an endurance guy, with mostly grey twitch muscle fiber, like 2009 Crossfit competitor Sean Provost (left). As I workout, and see how my body is changing, I think I'm more of a power, fast-red twitch muscle fiber type of guy, more like 2009 Crossfit competitor DJ Wickham (right). As I've embraced this fact, figuring out and accepting how my body works, I get better and better and see more drastic results. And who knows, maybe someday I'll actually be more like these two beasts than not.




Here's a side by side pic with the middle one being 4/15/09:

2 comments:

Sean said...

Dude... all that's missing is the headband! Might as well get on that train!

Adam said...

Hahaha, I'm glad some one else noticed the headband theme. Yeah I totally need to rock the headband, just need to find the one I bought a couple of months ago.