Thursday, May 21, 2009

A break from the strength days

Well, today was more met-con intensive:

5 rounds
400m sprint
15 kb swing @ 53#
21 box jumps 24"
9 pull ups

According to Harold, the first lap I ran "like a bat outa hell". After all, these are suppose to be sprints, right? So I ran the first lap in 1:52, but after that I ended up slowing down a lot. I never broke up the kb swings, but I usually had to break up the pu's into two sets with a real brief pause for my hands. The box jumps weren't that easy, but they weren't that hard. For the last set, with Harold's support, I was able to jump onto and off the box jumps, as opposed to jumping up, and stepping off.

Finished in 25:20, not the best time, but after I finished I dry heaved for a bit, so I feel like I pushed myself sufficiently. I am really, really sore. Like all over sore, especialy my pecs. I've decided to let them rest today, and start the push up challenge tomorrow. I swear I'm not wussing out, I just think exercising sore muscles is counter productive.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Rumor from a leak at 0515 has it that push ups are on the menu tomorrow (Friday). I'm with you, I just need to do them more, but ugh after Tues, I think it may be Tues before I dare try again! STILL feeling it today.