Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My new favorite workout

Tuesday we did an awesome workout, DT:

5rft
12 Deadlifts
9 Hang Power Cleans
6 Push Jerks

I was a bit hesitant about doing the Rx'd weight of 155 since my 3 rep max jerk is 185, but I thought I could do it. However, when I was warming up I attempted 145 on the hang power clean and after 2 reps I was feeling exhausted. So I scaled it back more. Unfortunately I think I scaled it back waaaay too much, but I was pressed for time and didn't have any real time to adjust before the workout started. So the end result:

Time: 16:23
Weight: 115

When I figured out the actual weight I was really disappointed, but there will be another time and I will use a heavier weight. I really really like this workout, and I'll make it my "first of the month" hero workout next time.

Push up update:

Yesterday I only did 5 sets of pushups throughout the day. I've been doing 15 reps as set, so that's 75 push ups. Also, 30 of those were ring push ups. Thanks to Sean to reminding me about it.

1 comment:

Cara said...

As evil as it was, I loved this work out! :-)