Sunday, May 17, 2009

Deadlift delight

Well, the workout was deadlift intensive. I really haven't pushed my deadlift since December when I hurt my back, but I haven't felt anything in my back in months. So I figured this was as good a time as any, so I went heavy. The WOD:

5 rounds
5 deadlift (I went "pro" @ 245#)
10 pushups
20 squats

My time was 11:19. This was waaay slower then anyone else, but I was really pushing my strength and didn't want to hurt my back. The heaviest I've ever done was 265, so this wod was a mental challenge, almost more so then a physical one. I am starting to really see myself as a strong person. As I start to realize more and more of what i'm capable of, I'm able to push myself more and more. Although it took me twice as long as some, I think as I get more acustomed to really, really pushing myself physically in new ways, I will continue to improve.

No comments: