Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Metcon, and a day in the life of a zoner.

WOD:

400m Run
30 Burpees
30 KB Swings (53#s)
30 Calorie Row
30 Box Jumps
30 Jumping Slamballs
400m Run

My time was something like just under 18 minutes. The burbees were a huge slow-down for me. I was one of the first to be done with the first run, but I was one of the last to finish the burbees. I tried to be fast, but those suckers just seem to take forever. Still working on an improved box jump. I now jump down, whereas I used to step down. Trying to use the improved rowing technique, it got me to 30 cal in a min and a half. My slamballs and kb swings are solid. Chriss was coaching today and he seemed impressed with my movements with both of these exercises.

There was some extra as well

3-Rounds
10 Ring Dips
20 Sledge Strikes
30 AB-mats

Because of the ring dip work I didn't practice the muscle up progressions, I figured my shoulder had had enough.

I've talked about the zone quite a bit here on the blog, and I'm also picking up a habit from my friend Taylor of taking a picture of my meals. So I decided to combine the two and take a picture of my lunch. This is pretty much what I eat every day for lunch, got TONS of veggies (notice the hot sauce and lime juice, yum!):

I think I'll start taking pictures of every meal of mine, this might make for an interesting Zone diary. ...I should've taken a pic of dinner, it was one of my favorites:

4oz steak
1 egg
1 orange
1 slice of bread
some butter

No comments: