Friday, May 29, 2009

My first Muscle up!!!

Well, today Jerry had me demonstrate a Muscle Up. I was like "fine, fine, wink wink". I mean, I haven't really worked on muscles ups in a long time, and I never really felt like I was close. Well, my first time I got a good grip, pulled, and kipped. I kipped so hard that I launched myself up, higher then I expected. I was so socked at finding myself above the rings I just let go of the rings, almost caught my hand in a ring, and fell to the ground.

Pumped, I went for it again, and nailed it. It was beautiful, all my work and effort paying off, and as I looked down at everyone's shocked and excited faces I had the biggest grin on my face. Jerry asked me to do it again, but I tried and failed because I gave up on it. I think because my first one was so easy I wasn't expecting the second one to be more difficult.

Because my muscle up looked so easy, Jerry told me to do the workout. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention there was a workout?

30 muscle ups for time

or

10,9,8... 2,1 ring dips
1,2,3... 9,10 chest to the bar pullups

For about seven minutes I attempted another muscle up, and I couldn't get another one. I'd get really close, and would be able to get above the rings, but I couldn't press myself up from such a deep ring dip. I guess I was able to throw myself up so high the first time I didn't have to press myself up as much.

Anyway, after seven minutes I gave up and did the other workout, which took 24 min. I was able to do 10 ring dips in a row, a first for me. I guess my pushups training, even if it's a little uneven, has helped. I had some difficulty finding my kip for the pull ups, but for the last set I took off my shirt for some mental motivation, and nailed them.

Great, great, fantastic day! Although Jerry didn't record the muscle up, I'll make sure he gets my second one :)

1 comment:

Sean said...

ROCK ON Brother, ROCK ON!!!