Monday, May 4, 2009

A great day

Today's wod:

5 rounds, 1 rep squat clean max

I got up to 195, a new PR! I was only so-so about it because I thought I didn't get low enough for it to really count, but Jerry said I broke parallel, and after that I couldn't stop smiling. It was solid, I had fast elbows, I exploded right after the re-bending of the knee, everything worked out great.

Had a finisher that included chest to the bar pull ups, only near the end did I really start to remember all the little nuances of the kip. A while back there was a day where chest to the bar was effortless, it felt natural, and I think it'll start happening more and more frequently now.

After that I figured my shoulders are better so I did 10 Muscle up progressions, I think dip strength really is where I need to work, so I'll start doing them after class each day.

...This is all after a successful day at work, a great day.

No comments: