Monday, June 1, 2009

Pushing myself to be strong

Today's WOD was a tough strength/metcon:

5rft

400m sprint
9 ohs (115)
9 pullups

Jerry said only 5 people did this Rx'd, so of course that revved me up to do it Rx'd. This was a tough workout, by the third round my shoulders were numb and I was having a tough time breathing. It wasn't pretty, but I wanted to really push myself on this one, and the last round I had to bang them out 1-3 at a time. However, I did finish it, albeit in 32:20.

...I would also like to add that my coworker and good friend Will printed out the picture of me doing my muscle up, put it on his wall, and wrote "Adam is my hero!!" underneath it. Thanks Will. ...I'm still stoked about the muscle up, and if I had any, ANY shoulder strength after this workout I would've banged one out. Speaking of shoulder, I only did one set of push ups so far today, but I felt like it bothered my left shoulder some. Will play it by ear.