Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crossfit B-town style

So I wandered into Crosfsit Bloomington for their 6:30 class, and I was surprised to find out that the gym is so small (they're brand spanking new) that people have to sign up for the classes. In otherwords, if you show up unannouncded you run the risk of showing up to an empty box. I showed up early enough to run into a few people leaving the 5:30 class. The assistant coach that was there was gracious enough to stay and supervise my workout. I decided to do their wod:

Push Jerk: 3,3,3,3,3
3 rounds
12 box jumps
500m row

I got up to 185#, and then did the finisher in 7:57. Kind of proud to say that I managed to get the lowest time of the day, but I feel like I lessened the workout by not selecting their highest box (it was like 42"). Regardless, we didn't have a timer, so the coach suggested we videotape the workout to record the time. I asked him to save it to email me, and he said he would. So maybe later tomorrow I'll be able to post a vid of my workout. He also taped me getting the 185, felt kinda cool.

2 comments:

mark davis said...

Adam,
Nice work.

That makes at least 3 Old Towner's hitting CF on the road - Harold in Hollywood, me in Boca Raton, FL and you in IN.

Adam said...

You can take the crossfitter out of old town, but you can't take the CFOT out of the crossfitter!