Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Today we worked on Push Jerk Max. For some reason I really wasn't feeling it today, but I handled 165 easily, but barely failed a 185. The failed attempt left my shoulder a little numb, so I had to stop and call it quits.

...On another note, since coming back to xfit my appetite has skyrocketed. I mean, I'm hungry 2 hours after a 4 block meal. Here's what I had today:

4 block oatmeal dish
4 block chili
Paleo Kit
4 block deli meat/veggies dish
2 block snack
4 block steak & Eggs dish
2 block snack.

The thing is, I was STARVING throughout the time of 10:30am-5pm I just didn't have enough food with me to weather the hunger storm. Not sure how I'll be able to prepare enough food tomorrow to satisfy this hunger.

And I think I really do need to satisfy this hunger. When I first started working out, like 10 years ago with my personal trainer Cissy, I didn't really see a change until I started taking in protein shakes. A couple years ago in law school, I saw gains after eating a healthy slice of pie after my workouts. ...It seems that my body responds well to an increase in calories consumed. I'm eating a lot more than what I'm used to, but crossfit has made me a lot more active then what I'm used to.

That also reminds me, I'm still doing the random sets of pushups. I'm doing a fairly good job of getting in at least 5 sets in throughout the day, and I've increased the sets from 15 push ups to 20 pushups. I like what I'm seeing and how i'm responding, so it's great incentive to keep it up.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You may be someone who would benefit from a post workout meal... maybe you should read up on that?