Monday, June 15, 2009

back in action

Well, I went to crossfit after recouping from bronchitis for five days and attended last Wednesday's workout. After that I went on vacay to see the gf and didn't workout then either. ...I gues my point here is that I was really itching to get back in the gym after only crossfitting once last week. Today's wod was (once again) heavy lifting:

3 cleans, 3 front squats
go heavy, 5-6 rounds
aim for 85% max clean.

Now because I missed last weeks workouts I'm not sure what my clean max is, but I remeber my squat clean max is 195, so I used that as my guide. I got up to 175 and did that twice, although I have a lot of trouble with the front squat.

I really enjoyed this workout, I feel like I'm starting to really "get" the clean. I feel like I'm really starting to figure out the first two pulls, and am able to really explode and yank the bar up high. I'm starting to also find the third pull, although I feel like I do not dive under the bar much at all. Perhaps this is because I've been using lighter weight that I can lift up to my shoulders, I'm not sure.

Here's an older clip, to see where I used to be. Thankfully, I have come very far, mostly because of the coaching I recieved at the olympic lift certification class I attended.


I'm also thankful I wear my hair shorter now, I looked too shaggy back then.

My abs/hip/back are kind of bothering me now, I really wish I knew what is causing me this pain. Hopefully this will subside, I'll really have to pay attention to it tomorrow.

No comments: