Saturday, June 20, 2009

The elusive Saturday wod

So I wake up today, and I realize I just woke up on my own, never a good sign. As I lay there under the covers, I wonder,

"Did I set the alarm for 8?"
"Check"
"Did I wake up and turn off the alarm?"
"Nope"
"Well, maybe you woke up before the alarm"

So I peer over my feet, and the clock reads "7:26". So that's good.

Except it's blinking.

Blinking as in the power had gone out. So I reach over and grab my phone, and it reads "12:40"

Crap.

It has been forever since I've attended a Saturday workout, and I really want to. However, all is not lost, and I plan on going for a run. Since crossfitting, my blood pressure has consistently been measured borderline high, and I believe this stems from me no longer doing cardio for extended periods of time. When I used to run for 45-60 minutes, my bp was very low, around 120/60. Now I've found it as high as 140/80.

So I've decided to add one cardio day, probably on Thursday, my usual rest day. Since I missed the wod today, I will go for a couple miles today.

Tomorrow I will post about various ideas for fat loss. According to Feedjit, not a lot of people check out the links I post, but if you do have a chance, pleast checkout this interview about nutrition and how to lose fat. The interview will basically be the entirty of tomorrow's post and my application of the info provided.

No comments: