Thursday, June 4, 2009

Intro to Ryan

Yesterday's WOD was Ryan:

5 rft
7 muscle ups
21 box jump burpees

This was ridiculous for me. Actually, I didn't finish, again, for a second time in a row. I attempted to do the mu's, and I was excited at the chance to do another one. However, it was not meant to be, I struck out and after three minutes of trying to get one I gave up and started doing the sub:

9 ring dips
12 pull ups
21 box jump burpees

I don't think I ever did a proper ring dip due to my shoulder. Ah yes, my shoulder. A little over a year ago I tore my rotator cuff muscle, and even now it flares up every now and then. It seems that the overhead squats on Monday caused some aggravation, as I had no ability whatsoever to push myself up from the lowest part of a ring dip.

After I realized I was done for with the dips, I tried double pushup burpees, then I just had to cut it for good. My shoulder was in pain, and it wasn't the good kind. It can be tough to just give up on a workout, but you have to know when you've stopped getting stronger and are now making yourself weaker. I'm taking today off as my regular rest day, then tomorrow I'm hoping to get in a good hero workout.

No comments: