Friday, June 26, 2009

Ladder of Thrusters and Sumo's

The owner of Crossfit Bloomington, Geoff, asked me what I thought about doing descending ladders of both thrusters and sumo deadlift high pulls. Thinking about what Jerry would do, I responded with, "Well, what do you think about making one ascending and one descending?" He liked it, he liked it a lot:

SDHP: 10, 9, 8, ... 1
Thrusters 1, 2, 3, ...10

There was no Rx'd weight as everyone here is so new to xfit, so I chose 65#. I still had Fran in the back of my mind so I wanted to do sub-Fran weight.

My time was around 9:17, although near the end the thrusters were becoming extremely difficult to lock out on.

Geoff introduced me to the three other people in the class, and announced that I was "a beast" for push jerking 185 three times. I have to admit I felt kind of like a celebrity, Vibram Five fingers and all. It also had the effect of the desire to try to share and help out in any way possible.

After I finished, I saw one member, Scott, pushing hard but I could tell he was having that internal battle between his body and mind. I thought about it for a bit, and decided it would be ok to provide support. I was next to him, excited for his performance and telling him he only had three thrusters left for the set, that he could do it. I told him he wasn't really recovering just standing there, and that the faster he finished the sooner he would get a chance to rest. He seemed to respond well, so I kept it up. After he was done, happy it was over and exhausted, I congratulated him and asked him it I bothered him or helped him. He responded by panting, "Nah man you were perfect."

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow' workout.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nice dude! You're still in Indi?

Adam said...

yep, will be leaving for DC on Monday.

Katie said...

Dude I feel like you've been gone FOREVER!