Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Annie (PR) and strict pull ups

Today was Annie:

50,40,30,20,10 Double-unders and Situps.

Back in December my time was 17:20, so this was a great way to gauge my double under ability. Today I wore normal running shoes so I wouldn't lash my feet up if I missed. I had some trouble finding my rhythm, no surprise there. I had lots of failed attempts, and was only to get one or two at a time for the beginning.

However, I started experimenting with the rope speed, and I started to find it again. On the second to last set I got something like 12 in a row, and on the last set I hit ten so easily I wanted to keep going, but after the eleventh one I decided I should just finish up and dropped the rope.

My time was something like 13:22, so almost 4 minutes faster than last time.

Afterwards I worked on the strength wod some:

Strength WOD: Weighted pullup x 1

I got up to 53#'s, but when I tried 58 I had to cheat a little at the top, so it didn't count.

After that, I worked some on double unders again. I tried a couple of times, and then I hit 16 in a row. Took a break, and then had a lot more failures until I hit 6 in a row. By then I figured I was just tired, called it a day.

No comments: