Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 rep OHS PR, conditioning wod afterwards

So I braved the snow with Judy and we showed up to a somewhat barren CFOT. Today was 20 min to find your 1 rep OHS max and after that a conditioning wod.

I had great form with the OHS. I really worked on going down slowly and coming up quickly. Patrick hit 200 today, so I really wanted to do that.

I did 155 no problem, then upped it to 175, and did it without too much trouble. That's about 10 pounds heavier than anything I've OHS'd before.

With no time left, I tried to do 185, but I couldn't jerk it up to even try. It's a little frustrating in that I can't hold 185 over my head right now, but there was a major positive to take away from today, and that was my core stability. I felt much more stable today, and I think it's because I'm getting a better feel for contracting my stomach.

The conditioner sucked, but I love GHD's, and I was able to get a lot of them done. Near the end I started to figure out how to really work my stomach muscles while stretching them out, and I look forward to a sore stomach tomorrow. I miss that feeling.

No comments: