Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday one round through with foam rolling

Today had a long foam roller warm up, and I learned that the lacrosse ball can be your best/worst friend in the world. I used it on my right hip, and it was so painful I wondered if that's just because it's right on my hip joint, so I tried it on the other side. Not nearly as painful as the right side, so it looks like my hips have a bit of tightness in them.

I would also like to point out that one reason why I really haven't talked much about my hip pain is because, well, because there really isn't any. I've been trying to roll it out at least every other day, and I still see Olga every once in a while, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was at the end of December. I feel that having loose hip muscles really is helping with everything; I'm able to push myself harder, and as a result I see quite a change in my physique. Today Judy commented on how my traps and back are looking more ripped, and I have to admit that made my day. It's always nice to see one's hard work pay off, and it's not just my own imagination.

So for today it was a once through quickie:

1000m row,
25 burpees,
25 KB swing (@70#)
25 wallball,
25 pullups


I felt kind of slow today, couldn't really push myself through the row. I gamed it a bit so I would cruise through the 1000m so I could push myself through the other exercises. I was surprised and how easy the burbees were, I found a good pace and never really had to break them up, great stuff. The KB Swings winded me since I really wanted to focus on engaging my stomach, and not just relying on my lower back and having it tighten up. I broke them up 10-5-10, I think.

The wall balls sucked the life out of me, I was ok leg strength wise, and I had a great game plan of 10-8-7, reps but again I was determined to get my core tight correctly, and keeping my abs tight while squatting just drains me of life. ...This is one reason why I have such a slow Fran time, because I feel like the wind is knocked out of me from those damn thrusters. I ended up doing something like 8-6-6-5.

The pull ups weren't bad per se, but I had difficulty keeping a good grip on the bar. I mean, my forearms were giving out on me, so I could only do four at a time. This is frustrating. I mean, I've been crossfitting for 1.5 years now, and in a wod like this I would expect myself to be physically fit enough to bang out at least 10 in a row. ...This leads me to believe it is once again a mental thing, gotta push myself harder. I gotta make every second count. It's just so hard for me to do so, very against my nature.

No comments: