Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday Wod!

Although my birthday was on Thursday, I had to wear the weight vest a day early because Thursday was a strength day and Wednesday was a met con:

5 rounds elite
3 rounds pack

300m row
15 pull ups
15 wall balls
15 burpees

I did pack because, well, because I did this with a 20# weight vest. My time was 24:17, pretty slow for three rounds.

The row really didn't change much, the pull ups were ok as long as I did 3, rested for just a second, and repeat. I made the wall balls my biatch, only breaking up the third set because I mis-threw the ball and couldn't catch it.

Burpees, however, were another story. I couldn't do these very quickly at all, and to only reason I stopped at three rounds was because my shoulder was starting to feel "off" from the strain.

Very happy to get this one in. Also, I heard that my workout was used as motivation for others, that others found it inspiring.

3 comments:

Linda K. Hibbard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MarkD said...

I was inspired by that video of you doing wall balls. 15 without a break is tough. With a vest, it is damn impressive. Happy late birthday.

Adam said...

Thanks Mark. Back in the blue room I used to do wall balls with stacey, and she never stopped, no matter how many we had to do. ...That set the standard for me, let me know what the human body is capable of doing. With that mind set, I always try to do wall balls without interruption. The vest only adds 10% of my body weight, so it didn't really matter.