Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday 1 rep jerk max

We worked on our 1 rep jerk max.

I got up to 195, a 10# improvement over my previous PR. However, I have a lot to work on, especially with the rack. It is still very awkward for me. I also have issues with waiting for the bar to become weightless before diving under it. I didn't notice this at first, but Jerry pointed it out to me on my second to last attempt, and I really noticed it on my last attempt.

The push press and the jerk seem to be my weakest from a technical standpoint, and most of it seems to stem from problems with the rack. Today it was better than before, so at least I'm improving.

Was supposed to do a death by pull up afterwards, but my lats are KILLING me from Josh, and I'm expecting a lot of pull ups at the work shop tomorrow. This should be exciting, looking forward to it.

No comments: