Friday, February 26, 2010

Front squat 1 rep max + conditioning

we got to work on the front squat on Tuesday:

Front Squat: 1 rep max

It's been a while, but of all the squats it's my second favorite (behind OHS) so I was glad to see it and how my new technique of keeping the core tight will fare. I think it helped get me a lot more stable, but sadly I was unable to really push it. Sadly I only got up to 225, but that is partially because I was working with Jon, who sneakily upped the next rep by 30 pounds. The increase in weight really caught me by surprise, and when I hit depth, I was stuck. As Mellisa pointed out, normally I hit depth, go up a couple of inches, and then get stuck. Today, it was go down, hit depth, then nothing. I tried to push the weight up for what felt like forever, but I'm sure it was something like 1-2 seconds, but it just wouldn't budge. I would've tried lower weight, like 235, but time ran out.

We then had a conditioner, "Power Intervals"
40sec max meters rowed,
120sec rest x 8 intervals

I'm a fairly good rower, so I "enjoyed" this one. I set the dampner at 10 and on the first round I went 232m. That was my best round, and my total was something like 1647m. I was trying to beat LTC Dan on the total, but he beat my by like 50m.

No comments: