Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Annie, getting my guns

So it's first friday and I'm now sore from Jerry's b-day and the air squats. Not really wanting to do a wod that had any heavy lifting, I thought Annie would be great as an opportunity to work on my double unders.

Annie
50-40-30-20-10
Double unders
Ab-mat situps

I did it with Alyssa, and in the beginning I looked over at her and saw how she did them, and for some reason something clicked in my head. I then did three singles, and tried a du. Failed and whipped the tops of my feet. Tried again, and I got two in a row. Then I tried it again, and got nine in a row! I went from a PR of alternating single to double to single maybe six times to doing nine DU's in a row. After that I had a hard time getting more than 3-5 at a time, but these were straight DU and I was starting to find my rhythm. There were still painful parts, still got a lot of lashings on the top of my feet from messing up. Coach Burgener has talked about motivational consequences, using burbees as a "reward" for unwanted behavior. You would think the consequence of whipping my foot for messing up a DU would be a great motivation, so either I'm learning these very quickly, or I'm just a masochist.


Due to my slow DU's, my annie time is 17:2. Lots of room to improve here, but I'm really excited about the Double under PR!!!

No comments: