Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back on the Wagon via Crossfit Richardson

It's been almost a full week of not xfitting, of a diet of pecan pie and turkey and stuffing and sweet potatoes, and I feel... fine?

I do feel a bit lazy, the idea of not crossfitting for six days straight does not sit well with me, but diet wise I don't feel any guilt or real regret. Of course, I think this is because I haven't noticed a real change in my physique. This reminds me of the cycle I used to go through with exercise and diet: I'd watch what I'd eat and then start to see results, and then think I could keep seeing results and not have to watch what I ate, which would then negatively affect me. Thankfully, now that I am back home I'm back to zoning, but I think I may change up my diet to remove dairy from my diet. I don't know if it will do anything, but it's worth a shot. ...It will be very, very difficult to do this, because sometimes cheese is my main source of protein. Looks like I'll have to figure out another way to get protein.

This rest has also allowed me to refocus on the pain in my hip, and it is getting harder to push through the pain, and Monday's workout over at Crossfit Richardson was a great example.

Wod:

5x3 front squat

10 minute "Cindy"

I only hit 205 with the front squat, which is ok given my two rep max is 215. But the thing is when I loaded the bar with 215 I just mentally didn't have it. I racked the weight and stood up, and it just felt too heavy. I'm pretty upset with myself because I didn't try, I just let myself off the hook. It was a lot easier to just quit at CFR than CFOT because there was much more of a "do it by yourself" vibe that day. For example, there is no group warm up, John posts it on the board and then we do it on our own. I wasn't doing it with anyone, so there wasn't anyone to prod me, to hold me accountable. ..I don't say this as an excuse, but rather an illistration of how a strong crossfit community can make strong crossfitters. Always appreciative of what I have here at CFOT.

The 10 minute Cindy really made me feel weak with my chest. Maybe I've gained 10 pounds over the holiday, but I only managed to eek out 7 rounds, and my shoulders were toast. I can not wait for them to catch up with the rest of my body, because I feel like once I become in pushups my met-con times will lower significantly.

No comments: