Saturday, December 19, 2009

Moving 7000 lbs

So today was moving 7000#s over one's head for time.

I was going to try to lift 135#s for 52 reps, but I talked to Mellisa and she recommended I go for 74 reps of 95#s. I think this was a better strategy, as I was able to go touch-and-go for the first 15. I was over half way done when it hit 5 minutes. However, I had to slow down considerably after that and finished it up in 11:43 (or something like that).

This was very easy with regards to my glutes, hams, and traps. But what really slowed me down was my lack of breath and my quads. My quads were really barking at me for the clean and screamed at me for the jerk.

I loved this workout, it was awesome. There were some crossfitters who managed this in under 7 minutes, but it's a goal to strive for, right?

2 comments:

Jerry Hill said...

smokin'!!

Erin said...

Awesome Adam!

I can't wait to try this WOD--just need the right space to do it in. :)