Thursday, December 10, 2009

OHS, running, pull-ups and Box Jumps

Today's wod reminded me of the first wod at the Atlantic hopper:

400m run

15, 12, 9
overhead squat
box jumps
pull ups

400m run

My time was 16:19. This was a really, really tough workout for me. However, I did finish the first 4o0m run in 1:38, before anyone else. I attempted the OHS at the elite weight of 115#, but after the second rep I lost my balance/core tension. So I dropped down to 95# and finished it out.

It felt like I was OHSing for the first time, it was so strange and exhausting. My hips felt... wierd, like they were doing something they weren't used to. I took waaay too many breaks here. More than once I thought to myself "what is your deal Adam?" I guess the endurance of my core is crap, because the OHS really requires core strength.

I hope we do more WOD's with OHS, because I need to do a lot of work on them.

2 comments:

sakura hasegawa said...

interesting facts and thorough details about occupational health and safety (OHS). it's nice to find people spending time to write about the importance of this in today's hectic world.

Adam said...

I let this comment publish because I just wanted to show how these bots can be so wrong. It saw OHS and didn't think overhead squat, it saw occupational health and safety.