Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Air Squats and running

Well, I really must not have pushed myself on Jerry's b-day because when I cam into the box I felt pretty good, not sore or disabled like some. It was an active recovery day with bodyweight exercises:


4 rounds
50 air squats
400m run


My time was 15:58, and I think the real reason here was my running was not fast. This is the same issue I had when we did a similar wod back in October. Three years ago when I weighed 170 I had all kinds of speed and endurance. I probably would've given Steck a run for his money on this wod. However, I don't know if I ever want to go back down to that weight. Obvserving the 4 block meal, 2 block snack pretty religiously has me currently at 205, and even though I'm 35 pounds heavier now I don't think my lightweight self would've had the strength to do any weight lifting wod as Rx'd. At first when I thought about this I thought I needed to find some balance of strength and speed, but maybe the real issue here is endurance. I seem to be fairly fast for the first round, but after that I slow down considerably. That, in turn, makes me think it is once again a mental issue. I don't think my problem is really self-confidence, but rather I have a tought time focusing on pushing myself when I go out and run a 400m sprint. Perhaps I should start bringing an ipod for all the wods, as the music seems to help me focus on the exercise.

No comments: