Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deadlifts, Jumping lunges, and running, oh my!

This was a super tough leg workout, because it involved such a high rep of a heavy deadlift I thought to play it somewhat safe, to go for high intensity and lower weight. Thus I went "pack" with 225

15 Deadlifts (225#)
45 jumping lunges
400m run
12 Deadlifts
36 jumping lunges
400m run
9 Deadlifts
27 jumping lunges
400m run

My time was 17:13. I went through the deadlift with little problem, I decided to try to go touch and go, only being really successful on the last set. The jumping lunges were tough, but I really tried to push through. ...I think this really felt like an exercise that will become easier once I fix my hip. My running sucks, but I feel like I'm improving. For example, now when I lean forward I don't feel my lower back getting tight. I'm trying to keep my stomach engaged more throughout the run and I feel like this is helping out. However, I just simply can't figure out how to get faster. Damnit.

No comments: