Friday, December 18, 2009

Jumping Burbees met-con WOD

So Thursday was a met-con day, typically not my strength, and I think I landed one of the slowest times, again.

5 rounds
250m row
20 jumping burbees (@8" jump)
15 GHD's

Time was 27:42, and I was starting to get a little frustrated at the end. Everything was fine but the burbees (of course), but I felt like I was really starting to get a nice, smooth rhythm. However, I had to pause inbetween breaks a lot longer than I'd like to admit. This time it wasn't the pushup aspect, it felt more like it was my core. Something non-specific was really tired, and I was having a tough time telling it to shut up, that I could do this. I kept trying to tell myself what I would tell others, that I could do this and that I didn't need to rest, but I still found myself standing there with my hands on my hips. I went through the row fairly quickly, and the GHD's didn't prove to be much of an issue, just the burpees.

...Tried doing some PVC overhead squats, and it felt very strange. It was strange because I didn't experience the pain in my hip like I normally do. Very happy about this.

No comments: