Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cleans and AMRAP workout

Tuesday's WOD:

3 Squat cleans every minute on the minute for 10min (around 80%)

rest 5 min


AMRAP 15 min of 6 Dips, 9 box jump(24"), 12 ghd Situp


So I came into CFOT in the morning, and showed up a little behind schedule, so I was unable to really warm up. Because of this, and because I haven't done a real squat clean for a while, I used 95#s. I really wish I had had a chance to do a proper warm up, because my 1 rep max is 195, and 80% of that is 165. However I still had plenty to work on.

I was still needing to work on pulling the bar straight up, still needed to work on preventing the bar from crashing down on me, and I still needed to work on landing in a proper squat position. All in all it wasn't heavy enough to really push me, but the second part of the workout fixed that problem.

The dips were really rough, and I started to feel my shoulder start to tingle. The box jumps were fairly easy, and the GHD's were not a real problem. I would like to take this opportunity to say that I LOVE GHD's, they work my core in a way never before. Just when you think there isn't an exercise that will quickly render you sore, you find something like the GHD.

Can't remember how many rounds I did, but I was very glad to do this before my week long stay in Chicago.

No comments: