Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rope climb and C&J, Double under PR!!!!

A heavy metcon, yay!

5 rounds

1 rope climb
5 clean & Jerk (I did Elite at 165)
30 Double unders


My time here was 26:10, but I'm honestly not sure if I did 5 or 6 rounds. I started out on the DU's and after one failed attempt I nailed 16 of them! I messed up because I was so amazed at myself at rep 15 that I lost my rhythm. After that though, I started to bang out more 6+ DU's in a row.


On the second round I could not climb the rope to save my life. I couldn't figure out where to put my feet so I could stand up. After three tries I just moved on, but on the following rouds I had almost no problem climbing. Go figure.


I attempted the new core position with the first few C&J's, but it was so heavy that I simply forgot about keeping my abs flexed and went back to just holding in a big breath. I feel like I took too much of a rest between reps on this one, need to keep that intensity needed if I want to perform better for the next crossfit competition.

No comments: