Tuesday, August 4, 2009

5 rep Front squat, PR

So today we did back squat, and today felt really good. I thought my form was way better, my knees were tracking, I was doing a great job with my breath/core tension. So on the fourth round I stepped it up to 250. The first four were tough, but the last one really required me to dig deep. Near completion, the tension in my head was so great I started seeing a black spot in the bottom left corner of my vision. Chriss saw me right after wards, and commented that my eyes were bloodshot from the tension. I decided to call it quits there, because the whole vision going frightened me. I'm really happy about this because it's a 15# improvement over last month, 35 pound more than two months ago, and 65 pounds over three months ago.

Dr. Bills was also there to offer his services. I had him look at my elbow and shoulders, and he said I have tennis elbow in my right arm, which with treatment, I can get back to 100% in like a month. The shoulders, however, are a different story. I have chronic tendonitis in both shoulders, which is not good. That's the type of tendonitis that really never goes away, but hopefully I can minimize it. I'm going to do some research and see just how bad this stuff can be. ...To be honest this new info doesn't really bother me. I've had to deal with so many injuries, I'm just glad to know what it is and to form a game plan.

No comments: