Sunday, August 2, 2009

OHS 5 rep mas

So Friday was to find our 5 rep overhead squat max.

I got up to 145, but only got two reps in at 155.

I've always enjoyed this exercise, and after the oly lift cert I have more of a feel for hitting correct form. Perhaps my biggest accomplishment today was Jerry checking out my 135 lift and his only critique was "you got a lot more weight in you." The 145 was pretty dang tough, and on the 155 attempt I was really struggling to keep active shoulder, so after the second rep I lost my balance and dropped the bar. There is a part of me that wonders if I gave up on it, just because I didn't have that moment where I told myself the chance to work on this won't come back around for a while. However, I don't have absolute faith in my left shoulder since the rotator cuff tear. Sigh, I wonder if that shoulder will every be the same.

No comments: