Sunday, November 23, 2008

Zone food delivery service

So this past week I've been dealing with some knee pain. On Friday I saw the DO, and he noticed an issue with my ankle, hip, and knee. He put me back together, and I d feel a lot better, but he told me that I should hold off on exercise for that day. A little bummed, I showed up anyway to cheer on and help if I could. Since there's no class on Saturday, I didn't work out then either. Thanks to playing guitar hero would tour late into the night, I didn't wake up today until noonish. So that's three days without CFOT, and it makes me a little antsy, like I need my fix.

The knee still feels a little.... off. It feels like my quad is a little tight, pulling at my knee. I'm not sure if that's the case, but that's the best description of the discomfort I can come up with.

Earlier this week a crossfitter from San Francisco, his name currently escapes me, talked about how they had a chef would would prepare zone meals and sell them at the beginning of the week. That got me to start looking around for any type service here in the NOVA area.

I've checked out some websites that review zone delivery services, dietblog.com and freedieting.com, and it really doesn't seem like there's a fresh/local option.
There are two that promise delivery to the DC area, Bon Appetit and intothezonedelivery, but I don't understand the delivery system, my main worry would be the food going bad. I mean, do I have to wait for the mailman everyday?

It's also an expensive option. As is I spend about $75 a week on groceries, and that's for a week's worth of food. That comes out to about $10.72 a day, $2.15 a meal/snack. These food delivery services tend to be around $35 a day, so it would put my budget into all kinds of whack.
However, if the quality's good I would consider it. I think we need to recruit one of old town's chefs and convince him he needs to provide this service to us.

No comments: