Sunday, November 9, 2008

missed it today...

Well, I just woke up, so I missed today's workout. Can't say I'm too happy right now; this is the first time I've missed a Sunday workout while I'm in town. I couldn't get to sleep until like 4 last night, so when the 7;30 alarm went off today I just hit the off button and rolled back to sleep, figuring I was too tired to really workout. Now that I am up, I feel like I just cheated myself. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now (except maybe go for a run).

...Speaking of running, I had perhaps my best 400m sprint ever on Tuesday. Justin and I sometimes find ourselves finishing workouts with similar times, and Tuesday was one of those days. His upper body strength is much better than mine, so he finished the second round of HSPU/ring dips/push ups before me. So when I started the 400m run, he had probably a 50m head start. I made it my goal to try to catch up to him, and as I left the building I stumbled I was so pumped in trying to sprint my ass off. And when Justin looked back to see who was running so hard, I yelled out "I'm coming for you!" He, in turn, kicked his run up a notch. Suddenly this run wasn't a suck run, it was like a game of tag, it was fun. We ran with such enthusiam that a couple we ran by wasn't sure if I was trying to mug Justin or not. We basically tied in reaching the door, but the outcome wasn't what was important to me, it was the fact that after already running 1800m I was able to sprint 400m and had fun doing it.

No comments: