Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jason, without the argonauts

Today was a hero workout, and my first ever workout with muscle ups; Jason:

100 squats
5 Muscle Ups (MU's)
75 squats
10 MUs
50 squats
15 MUs
25 squats
20 MUs

My time was 33:46, scaling the workout replacing the MUs with jumping MUs. I think my first 10 or so were really jumping ring dips, but as I worked on the motion I started figuring out how to involve the other muscles. I'm having problems punching my head through, but I'm sure the more I do this the better I'll become. Danny was insane and did this workout in like 20 minutes, crazy.




One thing that bothers me is that I no longer feel like I'm going to puke during the workouts. That may seem strange, but the sensation of my core muscles twitching around my stomach was a sign I was using my core. Either my core is getting used to the abuse, or I've somehow figured out another way to rely on hip strength instead of core strength. I try focusing on my breathing when I remember, but right now it's far from second nature for me. Today's MU's required a lot of core strength, but I think I was too focused on my hands and upper body to really keep my core tight. I keep working on my posture all the time, but maintaining good posture/keeping the core tight is still foreign to me.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I would think that your body is just adjusting to the intensity!