Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Max Clean & Jerk

Being that I had an appointment with the DO this morning, I had to attend the 7:30 class. I was rather late so I couldn't warm up much, but I don't think that really was a factor. What was a factor was the apparent toll yesterday's WOD took on my shoulders and elbows. They felt tender, and after my third real lift I was in so much pain that I just had to call it quits.

This was a disappointment because after the sucess I had with the clean doubles and jerking 185 three times, I was hoping for a C&J of 195. However, my last rep was at 175 pounds, a paltry 10 pounds more than my previous pr. I will just have to wait for the next time, when I can really push myself.

The pain is very hard to describe, it's a numb/tender/fire feeling. I just wanted to put both of my arms in slings. When I reached up to get my keys from a cubby hole my right elbow and shoulder screamed in pain. Using my forearm muscles to hold the keys sent fire up from my wrist to my shoulder. On the ride home (to get some ice) I could barely hold onto the steering wheel. I'm not the kind of person who freaks out at the first sign of pain, it's the in strangeness of this pain that bothers me. Thankfully, after 20 minutes of icing I showed up at Dr. Craddock's office. He worked on my elbow/shoulders in addition to the back/hip. Seems like it was just a case of acute inflamation, probably from the 150 pushups and 75 pull ups. Anyway, after leaving the DO's my arms felt 100% better.

Tomorrow I'm going to see the Orthopod about my hip. I don't really care if it turns out to be a torn labrum or not, so long as I figure out the cause of the pain in my hip.

As the day progresses, I find my abs and pecs are getting sorer and sorer. ...Just thought I'd share that with you.

No comments: