Monday, July 27, 2009

Shoulder workout, PR's

Ran from work to the gym today, given that today was a heavy lifting day:

Strict Press 1 1 1
Push Press 1 1 1
Push Jerk 1 1 1

I got PR's with the Press (120) and the Push Press (155). Sadly, I only got up to 185 with the Jerk. I love the Jerk, and I know I have more in me, but after the strict press and push press I simply did not have the speed to get under 195 (my last attempt).

I was a little frustrated with the strict press in that it's only 4 lbs more than my previous pr, I guess I just need to work on strict as well as hand stand push ups.

Was very happy with the push press. Andrea told me to flex my glutes when I reach the apex of my jump and it worked like a charm, I think I have much heavier weight in me.

Mentally, I'm still in a bit of a funk. I think I'm getting a little frustrated that the gains I once saw are now starting to slow down, combined with dealing with the pain in my shoulders and hip. I'm now improving my Fran time my 90 seconds instead of 5 minutes, not every heavy day results in a new PR. Obviously this will happen when i start to become more of an athlete, but I feel like I have so much farther to go that I'm disappointed in the slowing down already. I also recognize that these feelings as possibly baseless, but that's the whole issue with emotions, they don't necessarily need to make sense.

Whatever the case may be, I don't plan on doing anything but positive things. I'm going to stick with the zone, and I'm going to continue to Crossfit. ...I'm holding off on the push ups as they seem to irritate my shoulders, but they'll be added to the mix soon enough. Also can't wait to see the surgeon on Wednesday.

No comments: