Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Increasing my work capacity, and lowering my blood pressure

So yesterday I ran to the gym, and I could tell today that my body wasn't used to running 2 miles. During the warm up my quads were screaming at me. By the fifth round of the wod came, I was close to being done. ...Done as in nothing left to give, not as in I was on my fifth round and was almost finished.

5RFT

300m sprint
20 jumping lunges on a 45# plate
10 pull ups

Lanette also mentioned having sore quads, but she took me to school and lapped me. I kept telling myself that if she could do it, so should I. Time was 14:43, and I'll take it. I know that today the run negatively affected my performence in the wod, but if I keep doing it my body will eventually adapt and I should be able to increase my work capacity. Hopefully I'll be able to run to (and back) the gym everday and not have it bother me.

I started to figure out pull ups in the end. For the first couple of rounds I couldn't find a rhythm, but I started to figure it out on the fourth and fifth round.

On a different note, my blood pressure has recently dropped dramatically. I take Concerta, and it has been known to boost blood pressure. However, I reduced my dose from 45mg to 36mg, and this has resulted from a bp of 140/80 to 110/70. Now my bp looks like some one who works out. Finally.

No comments: