Tuesday, July 14, 2009

push up mania

Today's WOD was a great opportunity for me to work on my weaknesses:

5 rft
15 pull ups
30 push ups
45 ab mat

I was surprised at the difficulty of the pull ups, I needed more focus because I could only bang them out 5 at a time. Not surprisingly, the push ups were difficult, and took up quite a chunk of time. I kept telling myself "just get the next rep done". The ab mats were fairly easy, I made a point to make every rep as perfect as I could, chest out the whole time and what not.

This took me a really long time, I was the last one of the 5pm class to finish at 37:55. It was a little discouraging, still working while the 5:45 class started their warm up. At the last set of pushups I tried to ignore the numbness in my shoulders/elbows and finished it. I think I also slacked a little with the last ab mats and kipped a little with my arms.

With the exception of the pull ups, I don't think I really could've done this any faster. I had the goal to finish as fast as I could constantly in my mind throughout the workout. Regardless, I'm done with it.

No comments: