Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friday strength met-con

Friday I decided to run the two miles between work and CFOT. It actually takes about the same time, if not less time, and I figure it will help improve my fitness. I talked to Jerry about it and he reccomend I run about 2-3 times a week, and when my work capacity increses I could up it again. However, Friday I decided to get a ride back to work, I was exhausted after today's workout.

It's been a while since we've done Snatches, which is one of my favorite lifts.

5 rft

12 snatch (75#)
12 pull ups
12 burbees

I think I was again the last one to finish. The fact that I'm usually last doesn't really bother me, it's the fact that I feel like I'm not improving. When Jerry called the start I almost didn't use my legs at all with the snatches. They were such a light weight I could basically back extend it and shrug the weight up. I "flew" through the first twelve, but I noticed that even thought I never stopped, that I went through the snatches as fast as I could, I was one of the last ones to finish the snatches.

Pull ups are something I need to get back to working on. Since going to the fixed bars, I've never been able to get back to find my rhythm to enable me to really bang out a lot of them in a row. But right now, I can only get about 6-10 pullups at a time, as opposed to getting 27 like I did bac in November. I will just have to work on my form I guess.

Burpees suck and still render my left shoulder numb. ...That's all.

No comments: