Tuesday, July 7, 2009

deadlift max

Given that every muscle in my body except for my hamstrings are sore, this wod made sense. This was an exciting day for me since I feel like I'm getting very strong very quickly right now, and although I didn't reach my goal I did get a pr. My goal was 315, and I hit 295. That's a 30 pound increase over my 3 rep max. I think I have at least 300 in me, I just upped the weight by too much (again).

The idea of not being intimidated by 225 (two "plates" on each side of the bar) and even being excited at the prospect of lifting something 315 is getting more and more familiar. I know throughout my time here at crossfit I find my mental game lagging behind my physical game: I always think I'm weaker then what I actually am. Thankfully these past two-three months have been injury free as my body is finally starting to get used to these exercises. Combining this with accepting that I am probably more of a fast-twitch muscle guy, and my slight increase in zone blocks, and have resulted in gains at a pace that might match my first month of crossfit.

I feel good, and I'm really looking forward to cranking things up this month, should be fun.


Future blog post topics (this is more for me than you readers):
finishing my first year of crossfit
the highlights of last week's wods
Diet and motivation

No comments: