Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running in my VFF's

So yesterday we had 5 sets of 400m sprints. Like a fool, I decided to do all 5 sets. Originally I was thinking 3 rounds, but I got caught up and decided to do it all. The first round was awesome, I loved how the shoes, or lack of shoe, felt. I think the biggest thing is that I suddenly feel my toes and have to use them.

It was also weird wearing them in the gym. I had to be careful how I land off of the pull up bar. The lack of padding was very hard on the balls of my feet.

It's such a radically different workout that I shouldn't have gone all out first time. At the end it felt like I had some swelling underneath the ball of my right foot, my heels ached some, and my calves were already feeling it as I left the gym. But the intensity of calf workout is the main reason why I want to run in these shoes. Hopefully this will really get my left calf up to strength, and I will stop experiencing the sensation of an icepick being shoved into my ankle everytime I come down hard on my feet.

On a slightly separate note, yours truly is now the proud owner of what is widely considered the ultimate pose running shoe: the Puma H street. Last time these babies came up on the 'bay I lost out, but this time I learned my lesson, and the student became the teacher. Behold, my electric blue Puma H streets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the Puma's Adam. I didn't have any luck finding the women's version in anything close to my size!

Adam said...

Well, the last time a size 13 h street came up was five months ago, as the link shows, so they can be really hard to find. Good luck in your search!