Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Saw the DO

So yesterday the plan was to wake up at 6, have breakfast, go to the 6:45 CFOT, go to work and use the PTO's gym to shower and change, work, and then go to see Dr. Craddock at 10:30. Pretty busy eh? Anyway, it all went to crap because I woke up at like 6:45. Not exactly sure what to do, I decided on going to the PTO gym and work out there. Rode the bike, ran a little, did some bench press and dips; all stuff that didn't affect my already affected back.

So when I went to see the D.O. I said, "you know, I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with my back. Do you know what the injury exactly is?" After adjusting my back, he noted that the L4 and L5 were twisted, which is right about where the pain is, and commented on some other stuff I can't rememeber right now. Anyway, the point is that when I asked him if he could give me a definitive diagnosis, he said, "No, not really. ...It could possibly be the illiopsoas, but your syptoms are very unusual."

So I'm still in the dark. After seeing a Doctor of Osteopath, an Orthopedist, and a massage therapist, none were able to give me an answer. Not knowing really bugs, me, it's my nature to learn about stuff. However, even if I don't know what's exactly wrong I know what I need to do: stop doing stuff that hurts.

Doc told me I shouldn't work out 36 hours after the adjustment, so today looks like it'll be my rest day. My back still feels discomfort, but I expect to go to CFOT tomorrow in the am.

2 comments:

Jerry Hill said...

What did he say about Sledgehammer strikes?

I say DO THEM!

Very therapeutic for the back.

Adam said...

I forgot to ask him about sledgehammer strikes, but we'll throw that into the mix and see what happens.

...I also can do ring dips. I want to get huge and be able to do muscle ups.