Sunday, February 1, 2009

Road to recovery

Well, on Friday I rode the reclining bike for 30 minutes. I def noticed a difference in strength between my right and left foot. It felt strange to be back in a Globo gym, just felt bad for all the poor schmucks who don't know any better. After the 30 min ride, my back felt a lot more relaxed. When I feel my lower back with my hands, I can feel this... knot on the left side. I plan on using a foam roller tomorrow to stretch it out some, and do some ab work.

While I was at the PTO gym I thought of an old nemesis exercise of mine that shouldn't aggravate the back, the preacher curl. I decided to try just one rep of 65 lbs, a weight that always gave me trouble (60 was easy, but I could never figure out how to get past that amount). I tried it out, and it was easy as pie. I was tempted to see how much farther and heavier I could go, but I decided not to test my luck and get out while my back was still feeling good.

...I plan on returning to CFOT this tues, with therapy on the ankle tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Looking forward to seeing you back!

Katie said...

It'll be good to see you back! :) We've missed ya' lately!