Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Road to recovery: looking a little bit longer

Well, stopped by CFOT yesterday, and after talking to Jerry and Chriss pretty much the only exercises I can do are ab mat and lunges. I did the air squat warm up, and practicing good form I used my spinal erectors. And even that slight work reminded me my back isn't where it needs to be for me to start doing any kind of load bearing exercise. Ended up doing like 30 lunges and 150 ab mat situps. After that I went over to the PTO gym and rode the reclining bike for 30 min.

The funny thing is, even though I saw the Orthopedist I still don't know exactly what's wrong. Why? Because he never actually told me. He only said all the tests came back negative. He's a bit ditzy, so I think he simply forgot to tell me while I was there for PT on my calf. Anyway, I'll be seeing him tomorrow so he can tell me what's wrong.

Speaking of the ankle, they therapists are having me do a lot of calf exercises and stretches, and I got a pretty good workout out in on Mon, it felt pretty sore yesterday. After the workout they hook me up to some device (forget the name), it has pads they stuck to my calf and send tiny electrical impulses though my leg. ...I think I can buy one of these devices for like $75, and if so I'll start doing these workouts on my own and save myself the time and money of going to therapy. But for now, I'm seeing what they're having me do.

Maybe they can switch and start working on my back. I know the insurance company doesn't like it if you treat two different problems at the same time, so perhaps after this week I can finish the calf work and start the back work.

No comments: