Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Two, Double unders

Chriss is in charge of the next two weeks, and I've noticed him talking a lot about double unders. Well, today we got an opportunity to work on them:

50 double unders

40, 30, then 20 of
KB swings (Rx'd is 72#)
box jumps
abmat situps

50 double unders

23:16. With this being the first real week coming back from the back injury, I dropped KB swings down to 36#. With such a light weight, this workout became a lot, lot easier. I felt kind of bad, but when I tried to bump it up to 42#, I could feel my back being used, and not in a good way. Anyway, the double unders took an immense amount of time, although attempts counted as well, I only got three in a row once, and twice like three times. So most of it was one attempt, reset, attempt, reset, etc. A very slow process.

Tried to work on the butterfly kip, with very, very limited success. I can't figure out how to recover from the first rep to wind up for the second rep, very frustrating.

No comments: